22 June 2009

A Surprise from the Garden


I am not good with plants. I never have been. In college, I killed a cactus. When we bought out house last fall, I saw the rosebush outside and wondered how long it would last. I decided on the less is more approach to rose care, meaning I ignored it and hoped it would ignore me and not immediately keel over. For the past few weeks, roses all around DC have been in bloom and our little rose plant (I'm not sure I would call its two spindly stalks a bush) yellowed and looked sickly in general. Then this morning, as I was wheeling my bike out on the way to work I saw this gorgeous pink and peach rose. I was so shocked I immediately pulled out the camera thought I should post the picture, even if it's not food related. Have a good Monday-

No comments: